Marc Savard eyeing December return
BOSTON -- Boston Bruins center Marc Savard (post-concussion syndrome) could start practicing with the team very soon but won't return before December, coach Claude Julien said following the Bruins' 4-0 win versus the Florida Panthers on Thursday.
"Marc is pretty close," Julien said. "He's not there yet. We hope that in the next, I guess, few days or a week from now that he'll be able to join us. So you know, he's getting close. His conditioning is getting better, and I think after that, you know, he needs to go through a few other tests and then we can move forward with him."
Julien was then asked whether it was conditioning or the post-concussion symptoms that are the main problem for Savard right now.
"It's both, actually," Julien said. "And as you know, his return certainly won't be before December, so he still has to go through a couple of things before he can start practicing and taking contact with us."
Savard has been skating since last month and continues to work out off the ice as well.
James Murphy covers the Bruins for ESPNBoston.com.
- Dropping Into Place
- Rajon Rondo surpassed Bill Russell in career assists as the C's outran the Pistons.
- Buch Stops Bucs
- Clay Buchholz had full command of his repertoire as the Sox beat the Pirates.
- Sweeping Sunshine State
- The B's outlasted Tampa on Sat. and finished a season sweep of Florida Sunday.
- Regroup Project
- As March Madness heats up, where does UMass and other local teams stand?
- Taking Inventory
- The Patriots have been quiet so far in free agency's legal tampering period.
- Gear For Sports Youth Boston Bruins Black Hockey Hoodie
MORE NHL HEADLINES