Below is our statewide MIAA boys' soccer Top 20 poll, as selected by our panel of staff writers and correspondents (updated on 10/6/2015):
1. Brockton (9-0-2) - The Boxers retain the top spot after solid wins at CM, against No. 18 Norwell, and against Xaverian in the last week. Brockton faces Madison Park and Bishop Feehan this week.
2. Needham (6-1-2) - The Rockets were held to a draw by Walpole, but came back to beat Newton North 4-0. It's a busy week for Needham with a rematch against Brookline followed by Milton and Newton South.
3. Concord-Carlisle (8-1-0) - The Patriots have followed up the loss to L-S with back-to-back wins over Cambridge and Newton South. C-C gets a tough test with a trip to Wayland on Wednesday.
4. Lincoln-Sudbury (6-1-1) - The Warriors jump up a spot after another big DCL win, this time over Acton-Boxborough. With senior goalie Bobby Hurstak, L-S has the defense to make a run at a North title.
5. Framingham (5-1-3) - The Flyers have drawn three of the last five games, including a scoreless draw with Brookline last Thursday. Framingham faces Weymouth and Norwood this week before a rematch with No. 2 Needham.
6. Nauset (7-0-0) - The Warriors got through a tricky contest with Marshfield on Monday night and follow that 4-1 win with league games against Falmouth and Dennis-Yarmouth.
7. Silver Lake (6-0-2) - The Lakers have had a little midseason break after a rainout last week. Silver Lake gets back into action with games against Plymouth South and Hingham.
8. Medford (7-0-2) - The Mustangs are another team that has had a week off. Medford will play East Boston on Tuesday and will be looking forward to putting its perfect defensive record on the line against Ludlow next Monday.
9. Belchertown (8-0-3) - Last year's D3 finalists are off to a great start, which Ryan Kearney continued on Thursday with the lone goal in a win over Longmeadow. The Orioles will get a quick rematch with the Lancers this week.
10. St. John's of Shrewsbury (10-1-0) - Adam French scored the only goal to give the Pioneers a 1-0 win in the battle of St. John's over the weekend. The win over Prep was the fifth straight clean sheet for SJS.
11. Oliver Ames (8-0-0) - Defense is the key for the Tigers, who have given up just one goal in eight games this season. Sophomore midfielder Nathan Cardoza has been an underrated part of OA's strong defensive start.
12. Braintree (7-1-1) - The Wamps continue to make noise in the Carey Division with two more wins last week. There are some tough games ahead with Wellesley, Archies and Brookline coming this week.
13. Algonquin (6-1-2) - The Tomahawks jump up into the top 20 after its fifth straight win on Monday against Worcester North. The next week will provide a challenge with Sutton and Groton-Dunstable on deck.
14. Acton-Boxborough (5-2-3) - The Colonials lost a hard-fought game with No. 4 L-S by a single goal before beating Nashoba and Waltham. A tough stretch continues with Boston Latin and Bedford this week.
15. BC High (5-3-1) - The Eagles continue to lead the Catholic Conference following a 2-0 win over Xaverian and now have eight days off before hosting CM. The rematch with No. 20 St. John's Prep is on Oct. 14.
16. Ludlow (6-3-1) - The Lions were stunned by three Mount Greylock goals on Friday but bounced back to beat Chicopee 3-0. Ludlow has a tough week with Pittsfield and Medford on the schedule.
17. North Andover (7-1-1) - North Andover had its winning streak halted at seven games by a 2-2 draw with Dracut. The Knights will look to avenge their only loss this season against Andover on Oct. 15.
18. Norwell (8-2-0) - The Clippers lost 2-1 to No. 1 Brockton but came right back to beat East Bridgewater 5-1. This week Norwell faces Randolph and Duxbury most likely with an eye on a rematch with the Boxers at home on Oct. 17.
19. Dartmouth (7-1-1) - The Indians jump into the rankings for the first time this season after a credible scoreless draw against LaSalle Academy (R.I.) and a big win over Barnstable. The Indians will try to avenge their only loss against B-R on Tuesday.
20. St. John's Prep (4-3-3) - Prep's tough season continued last week with a loss to No. 10 SJS and a tie against Everett. The Eagles will look to get back on track against Xaverian and Andover this week.
Last 10 Out : Brookline (4-1-3), Duxbury (5-1-1), Foxboro (6-1-0), Groton-Dunstable (5-1-3), Mansfield (7-1-1), Medway (4-1-3), Masconomet (7-3-2), Pembroke (5-2-1), Pittsfield (8-0-0), Wayland (5-1-1).