For years while the NFL's top medical experts denied any link between football and long-term brain damage, the league retirement board awarded disability payments to at least three former players after concluding that football caused their brain injuries.
Mixed Messages On NFL Brain Injuries
OUTSIDE THE LINES
Girls Youth Football: Is it Safe?
AAU reviews youth-safety policies
Johnny Football 2.0
Joe Namath: Hyperbaric hopes
Rice's road back
Timetable of Mickelson money's ties to illegal gambling operation
Entries in long-hidden notebook show Pete Rose bet on baseball as player
Abdusalamov still fighting
Barr breaks down Abdusalamov report
Senator McCain on state of boxing
College Athletes & Crime
Championship celebration or riot?
OTL: Doubting Thomas
Risk or Reward? The Redshirting Gamble
Holleran's tragic story
- Bills O-line coach Kromer suspended without pay
- (00:34) Today, 10:05 AM ET
- Luke Kuechly conversation
- (03:57) Today, 12:38 PM ET
- Seahawks' nucleus stays together
- (00:55) Today, 09:55 AM ET
- How will Lions replace Suh, revamp defensive line?
- (01:27) Today, 11:59 AM ET
- Panthers primed for 2015
- (03:53) Today, 12:53 PM ET
- Fitzgerald: Need to finish games
- (02:04) Today, 11:04 AM ET
- Finebaum: FSU has no business in top 10
- (00:31) Aug 1, 2015, 12:50 PM ET
- USC to best Oregon in Pac-12?
- (00:23) Aug 1, 2015, 12:24 PM ET
- Schembechler's influence still on Harbaugh
- (02:19) Jul 31, 2015, 10:03 AM ET
- Plan to pay NCAA athletes on hold
- (02:10) Jul 31, 2015, 04:13 PM ET
- Mets back atop National League East
- (00:42) Yesterday, 11:07 PM ET
- MLB Power Rankings
- (02:16) Yesterday, 07:49 PM ET
- S.A.S.: 'I'm not worried about the Blue Jays'
- (01:37) Today, 12:31 PM ET
- Blue Jays win after Gibbons gets ejected
- (02:34) Yesterday, 10:25 PM ET
- Mets sweep Nationals
- (01:15) Yesterday, 11:03 PM ET