Jocks to GIs: Mike Vick

See previous e-mail between Mike Vick and Staff Sergeant Angela Geist:
March 31-April 7 | April 8 - April 11

Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 12:45 AM
To: Mike Vick
Subject: No Word About Going Home Yet

Trust me, I understand days & weeks being out of control. Just when you think you can't put another thing on your plate, here it comes & you some how manage to take care of it along with the other 50 things you're working on. I can appreciate the passion you feel for football because I'm sure it's the same passion I have for the USA!

I think it's so cool that you did a NIKE photo shoot! I love NIKE & they are the only sneakers I'll buy. I bet the high school PowerAde jam fest was awesome! I looked on the Atlanta Falcons website & saw the new jersey. You were right -- it's tight! I can't wait to see one in person.

It's almost like I'm a celebrity on the base. All of the Air Force people deployed with me think it's so cool that I'm writing to you and you want me to check the water in your house. They always say "How's Vick? Have you heard from him lately? I can't believe you get to write to him." The other day a guy that I don't know came up to me and said "Are you the girl writing to Mike Vick? I saw you on the ESPN Website." I just smiled and said "yes". :)

I got you a little gift the other day to remember the war and our e-mails. I would like to meet you the next time I'm in GA and give it to you personally. It's something you can keep forever. I still don't know when I'll be coming home. Some people were able to go home recently. If I'm home before the end of May, I'll be making a trip to GA to see my youngest sister, Vanessa, graduate from high school.

I need to close this letter so I can get back to work. Take care and write when you can. Please tell your family thanks for keeping me in their thought and prayers.

Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 5:59 PM
To: Geist, Angela SSgt 410 EMDG
Subject: We were on the radio!

I'm so sorry that its taken me so long to get back to you. The past two weeks have been out of control. I hope you can understand. Last week I was still home in Virginia, trying to get as much time in with Mitez, I'm sure you can appreciate that. Then, of course, like any professional athlete, I work out during my off time - I take pride in who I am and I would never let myself get out of shape. But I had some business to tend to before I could make it back to Atlanta for work outs. I had to leave on my day off this week to go to Miami for NIKE photo shoot. I've got to take care of my business with my partners on and off the field - plus I don't mind doing stuff for NIKE because its cool.

A few weeks ago I went to the high school Powerade jam fest and watched all the young kids ball it up and well, I love basketball so I'm lucky I get to do stuff like that with my sponsors. But I'm here now and it feels good to be back - to see the other fellas and to see our new uniforms. Have you seen them?

We were on the radio and someone told me we're on the falcons website - you're a celebrity like me now! How do you like it? Ha!

Its good to hear that you finally got a chance to talk to Emily. Mitez does baby talk but I'm always wondering what it is that he's trying to say. But since you got your phone privledges back, I'm thinking that things are getting better or not so out of control over there. Does this mean you'll be going back home soon? Man, I can't imagine being away from Mitez that long, I'm sure you're ready!

Again, I'm real sorry that it took me so long to get back to you but things are a little bit back to normal - or something like that! I'm going to make a trip home this weekend, its my mom's birthday. You know you always got to take care of moms! I'll hit you up again next week but in the meantime, take care of yourself out there and know that you've been in my family's thoughts and prayers.
- Mike