<
>

Jocks to GIs: Andy Roddick

4/10/2003

Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 8:06 AM
To: frederick.frost
Subject: lots of changes

Hey Frederick,

Glad you could get some time to sneak online ... It seems like things are changing over there pretty fast, tell me what you can. We're all watching the news and it seems like some amazing stuff.

To your email: I am a nuts about sports too. I am ranked 6 in the world right now, but I'm excited to try to move up even more. Jersey boy huh? If you make it back here by US Open time, you will have to come and see some of the tournament.

I will give you a little background about myself too. I was born in Nebraska making me nuts for Huskers football. I am twenty years old now and I live in Boca Raton, FL. which is about 45 minutes north of Miami. I am all about music as well. Who are some of your favorites? When I am home I usually just hang with friends and live a pretty normal life. I have two older brothers who both live in San Antonio.

That's about all I got for now, but I'll wait to hear from you again soon.

andy

Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2003 10:49 PM
To: Andy Roddick
Subject: RE: email from Andy

Andy

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to correspond with me. I know that I have not been able to tell you anything about myself yet, but we don't have much time n the internet. What is your ranking now? It is 0545 am and I am already at work, so I will have to end this E-mail, but tomorrow I will sit down and give some details about myself.

We did not get to see the NCAA championship game, but from what I hear Anthony is a great player. I got to see him on T.V. one time before I came over here (28 NOV 02). I listen to all types of music, I love music. Most of the time when I am watching sports, I turn the volume down and listen to music while I watch the game. I am from New Jersey, so of course I like the Nets, but I really like the Sixers a little better. Football it is the Giants, baseball the Yankees. All in all, I pretty much watch all sports except golf. I just left Germany so I follow everything from Formula One, to soccer(football). I pretty much like to see one person or team dominate a sport, so when the underdogs win, it brings more excitement to the sport. I am a sports fanatic who enjoys playing all sports also.

That is just a little bit about myself, more to follow in the future.

Once again thank you for taking time to E-mail me, and for your words of encouragement. Good luck in Monte Carlo.

Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2003 10:49 PM
To: frederick.frost
Subject: email from Andy

Hey Frederick,

First of all let me say I am really pumped to be able to shoot some e-mails back and forth. We are all so proud of all you guys over there. Thank you for making it possible for us to feel safe and protected. With that being said, I bet you have been hearing loads of that, so I'll try to talk about some news from home.

You've probably heard Syracuse won the Final Four. They beat Texas and then Kansas in a great game last night. This guy Carmelo Anthony for 'Cuse is a stud. Lots of fun to watch. Baseball season started as well but it is too early to tell what's going to happen. All I know is that my Marlins probably won't be around during the post-season.

Since I don't know you yet, tell me a little about yourself. You know, types of music, favorite sports teams, and whatever else you enjoy. Do you like tennis?

I'm heading off to Monte Carlo in a couple days for a tournament over there. I'm just at home training for the time being. That's pretty much all I got going on. Like I said, I'm really excited to hear back from you so shoot me an e-mail back when you can.

andy