<
>

Jocks to GIs: Lance Armstrong

4/21/2003

Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 11:32 AM
To: Bowers Craig W TSgt 64ELRS/LGRVO
Subject: RE: Greetings from the AOR

Yo Craig,

Nice to meet you ... electronically at least. Yep, been to Arkansas a few times to race over the past 15 years and it's nice up there. Maybe one day we'll be back.

I hope you're hanging in there. I'm keeping a close eye on the war through the internet and the TV. I'm here in Spain so the channel choices are not exactly extraordinary. It looks totally rough over there in places ... you have a better idea. Someone told me today that some of Saddam's personal possessions are already on ebay!! Can you believe that? And we all thought hawking bogus autographs was bad...

Man, take care of yourself and watch your back.

And thanks for watching "our" backs. People appreciate it a lot!

My best.

la

Sent: Monday, April 7, 2003 12:54 PM
To: Lance Armstrong
Subject: Greetings from the AOR

Lance,

This is awesome, I don't know where to start.

First off my name is Craig Bowers, I'm married, my wife's name is Laure and my daughter's name is Megan, who's 12. I've been a fan of your since you were on the Motorola team. I'm 32 years old and was born on 17 September 1970.

I'm a CAT III and ride with a team in Little Rock Arkansas. The name of the team is CARVE (Central Arkansas Velo) we actually have a couple of guys that remember racing with you in Arkansas when you were a junior, their names are Greg Ebert and Donnie Van Patter. Greg actually runs the web site for our team. Here is a link to the web site if you have a minute to take a look.

I'd really have to thank you for this opportunity to correspond via e-mail and to say thanks for your support to our President and to the troops that are deployed. I'm trying to keep up with your racing while I'm gone. Unfortunately I have to keep up with racing via the internet, but I am thankful that I have that. There are some people that don't even have that.

I know your starting the Circuit de la Sarthe race tomorrow so good luck. It's good to hear that you're on track as far as your fitness as you prepare for the Tour this year. I'm really looking forward to this year's Tour as I'm sure you are. I'll be on the internet as much as time allows to follow your progress as you defend your Tour title and strive for your 5th victory.

I have to go for now, I'll talk to you later.

Craig