The Chicago Police Department said Wednesday it continues to investigate a charge by a Pittsburgh Steelers fan that he was poisoned by a Bears fan after the Steelers played at Soldier Field on Sept. 20.
"It's an ongoing investigation," CPD spokesman Veejay Zala said. "We haven't gotten any updates on the situation, but again, that may be coming shortly."
Zack Heddinger, 46, of Pittsburgh, told Pittsburgh television station WTAE that he's "basically been blind for two months."
According to Heddinger, after an altercation between his friend and some Bears fans, a drink was offered by the Bears fans as a peacemaking gesture while the groups were at a bar called "Kitty O'Sheas."
Heddinger reportedly passed out and was rushed to a hospital, his heart stopping four times.
"I don't think they tried to kill me," he told the station. "I think they tried to hurt me, though.
"The killing came pretty close, though."
Heddinger said he was told antifreeze may have been in the drink.
CHICAGO TOP STORIES
- Party Animal Pittsburgh Steelers White "Steelers Country" Giant 8' x 2' Banner
MORE NFL HEADLINES