- Tim MacMahon, ESPNDallas.com
- 0 Shares
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Dallas Cowboys' backfield will probably be crowded again next season.
"I can tell you right now I don't see it a whole lot different than last year," Jones said Thursday at the NFL scouting combine. "All of these guys have gotten opportunities to help us win games. That will continue to be the case."
Jones said the Cowboys have not received any trade proposals for Choice, the third-string back who shined as a starter in December 2008, although there was speculation that the San Diego Chargers offered cornerback Antonio Cromartie. Jones added that the Cowboys do not plan to pursue any trades involving Choice.
The running backs' roles could change. It's likely that Felix Jones will be the lead horse, a role he took over toward the end of last season. But Stephen Jones didn't want to predict the future beyond the running backs' roster status.
"Usually those things take care of themselves," he said. "They play themselves out. Very rarely does it not crystallize for you."
VP Stephen Jones expects running backs Barber, Jones and Choice to remain with Cowboys.