- Calvin Watkins, ESPN.com
- 0 Shares
It appears a mega welterweight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather won't happen at Cowboys Stadium.
Promoter Bob Arum said there is a strong desire from the Las Vegas casinos to bring the highly anticipated bout to the MGM Grand.
"The key element, if the fight happens, we're finding out now is that Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas is Frank Sinatra times a hundred," Arum said Friday afternoon at Yankee Stadium for a weigh-in for Saturday night's Miguel Cotto-Yuri Foreman fight. "They all are licking their chops for Manny Pacquiao, especially against Floyd Mayweather, because nobody else can bring in the highest of the high-rollers. The MGM or Steve Wynn will put up a number over or above the best gate."
A proposed bout between the two broke down on a disagreement over blood testing earlier this year.
Pacquiao fought Joshua Clottey at Cowboys Stadium in front of over 50,000 fans in March. Mayweather took on Shane Mosley in Las Vegas last month.
A few weeks ago, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he would like the fight to take place in Arlington, Texas, and kept two dates in November available.
But the draw from Vegas might be too much to resist for Arum.
Promoters for the bout are not discussing details on negotiations. However, Arum said Pacquiao is willing to have blood tests within 14 days of the fight, a change from the first time when he wanted his last tests done almost a month before a proposed fight.
Cowboys officials were unavailable for comment.
Bob Arum: Vegas pull may swipe proposed Pacquiao-Mayweather bout from Cowboys Stadium.