Tony Romo cleared to resume activity
IRVING, Texas -- After missing the final 10 games of the season with a fractured left collarbone, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has been cleared physically and will return to action ... with John Daly as his partner.
For the second consecutive year, Daly and Romo will be teammates at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am that runs Feb. 7-13.
"After Qatar I'll head back and team up my Cowboys partner Tony Romo at Pebble Beach once again this year!" Daly said via his Twitter account.
Romo, who suffered his injury Oct. 25, said after the season finale at Philadelphia that he would have pushed to have played against the Eagles had he not been placed on injured reserve. A source told ESPNDallas.com that he's been cleared physically.
Romo and Daly did not make the cut at last year's event. It does not help their cause that Romo, who advanced to sectional qualifying to the U.S. Open last year, plays to a scratch handicap and does not get any strokes.
Todd Archer covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com.