As hurricane bears down, Saints leave for California
NEW ORLEANS -- After tracking the path of Hurricane Katrina on Saturday morning, the New Orleans Saints heeded the mayor's warning to evacuate the city as the storm charged toward the low-lying city with 155-mph winds and the threat of a catastrophic storm surge.
Saints public relations official Guy Bensel said Sunday that the football operations staff has secured practice fields and locker room facilities at San Jose State. The team was expected to fly to California on Sunday afternoon.
Read full story
Hurricane Katrina Coverage
• NFL's Katrina telethon raises $5 million
• NCAA won't change transfer waiver process
• Oklahoma City possible site for Hornets
• New Orleans Bowl may move to Lafayette
• NFL's Week 2 'Hurricane Relief'
• With hotels, Sugar Bowl to be at LSU
• Giants to redecorate stadium in Saints' colors
• Tulane to wear commemorative patches
• Superdome to be decontaminated
• Auburn player learns brothers alive
• Mississippi State-Tulane to hold telethon
• Bucher: Mr. Rogers' neighborhood
• NBA charity game lifts spirits
• Favre's hometown normal -- for a few hours
• ABC News coverage of Katrina