Armstrong pledges $500,000 for cancer patients
AUSTIN, Texas -- Seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong and his namesake cancer survivorship foundation will donate $500,000 to help cancer victims displaced by Hurricane Katrina get treatment.
Armstrong said Saturday he expects the money will be used to help transport cancer patients to hospitals and cancer centers where they can continue to get treatment. He said more money could be donated in the future.
"If you've started treatment and you miss ...
Read full story
Hurricane Katrina Coverage
• NFL's Katrina telethon raises $5 million
• NCAA won't change transfer waiver process
• Oklahoma City possible site for Hornets
• New Orleans Bowl may move to Lafayette
• NFL's Week 2 'Hurricane Relief'
• With hotels, Sugar Bowl to be at LSU
• Giants to redecorate stadium in Saints' colors
• Tulane to wear commemorative patches
• Superdome to be decontaminated
• Auburn player learns brothers alive
• Mississippi State-Tulane to hold telethon
• Bucher: Mr. Rogers' neighborhood
• NBA charity game lifts spirits
• Favre's hometown normal -- for a few hours
• ABC News coverage of Katrina