Athletes, teams pick up the pieces after Katrina
Athletes across the country are helping displaced relatives and friends in the wake of Hurricane Katrina as New Orleans teams and sporting events consider their upcoming seasons.
Indiana Pacers Jonathan Bender and Danny Granger are both taking in people from the New Orleans area, according to the Indianapolis Star.
Heisman Trophy winner Danny Wuerffel escaped Louisiana before Hurricane Katrina ravaged the state, but his New Orleans-based ministry might have been lost.
Read full story
Hurricane Katrina Coverage
• NFL's Katrina telethon raises $5 million
• NCAA won't change transfer waiver process
• Oklahoma City possible site for Hornets
• New Orleans Bowl may move to Lafayette
• NFL's Week 2 'Hurricane Relief'
• With hotels, Sugar Bowl to be at LSU
• Giants to redecorate stadium in Saints' colors
• Tulane to wear commemorative patches
• Superdome to be decontaminated
• Auburn player learns brothers alive
• Mississippi State-Tulane to hold telethon
• Bucher: Mr. Rogers' neighborhood
• NBA charity game lifts spirits
• Favre's hometown normal -- for a few hours
• ABC News coverage of Katrina