Deion wants all pros to donate $1K to Katrina relief
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders challenged all professional athletes to donate at least $1,000 apiece through payroll deductions to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Flanked by teammates and Louisiana natives Ed Reed and Alan Ricard, Sanders on Friday called for each team in the NFL, NBA and Major League Baseball, as well as other pro sports, to help him reach a goal of $1.5 million to $3 million for the cause.
"The recent ...
Read full story
Hurricane Katrina Coverage
• NFL's Katrina telethon raises $5 million
• NCAA won't change transfer waiver process
• Oklahoma City possible site for Hornets
• New Orleans Bowl may move to Lafayette
• NFL's Week 2 'Hurricane Relief'
• With hotels, Sugar Bowl to be at LSU
• Giants to redecorate stadium in Saints' colors
• Tulane to wear commemorative patches
• Superdome to be decontaminated
• Auburn player learns brothers alive
• Mississippi State-Tulane to hold telethon
• Bucher: Mr. Rogers' neighborhood
• NBA charity game lifts spirits
• Favre's hometown normal -- for a few hours
• ABC News coverage of Katrina