Bowden operates on his own terms
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- The great misconception about Bobby Bowden is that he doesn't have a mean bone in his 76-year-old body. He's as sweet as the Godiva chocolates he loves. "Saint Bobby" -- isn't that what an author called him in the book title?
Bowden is a sweetheart. Most of the time. He might lead Division I-A coaches in Most Inspirational Speeches Given to Church Groups. In fact, I can't remember the last time the left lapel of his suit jacket didn't have a tiny gold cross pinned ...
Read full story
2006 College Preview
• Maisel: State of the game
• X & O Men Cometh
• Schlabach: Hot and not for 2006
• Maisel: Does D still rule?
• Schlabach: Blueprint for a title
• Schlabach: 10 teams to watch
• Schlabach: Seven surprise teams
• Maisel: 20 reasons college rules
• Schlabach: No snap QB decisions
• Forde: Survey says
• Maisel: Incredible shrinking RBs
• Maisel: Lynch makes Cal golden
• Forde: True Hollywood Story
• Forde: Statute of limitations
• Vote: State of the game
• Chat wrap: Ivan Maisel
• Chat wrap: Mark Schlabach
• Chat wrap: Todd McShay
• Who will be the stars in '06?
• Louisville's Bush, Brohm are Heisman hopefuls