Leak has the numbers, but lacks the ring
Among the many provocative questions debated at a recent ESPN college football think tank was this:
Why did Notre Dame's 9-3 in 2005 play to much better reviews than Florida's 9-3?
Here's why, from my perspective:
• Deservedly or not, Florida began the season in almost every top 10. Notre Dame was outside almost every top 25. Given those starting points, one underachieved and one overachieved.
• Florida has had enough recent success that 9-3 doesn't dilate many pupils. ...
Read full story
2006 College Preview
• Maisel: State of the game
• X & O Men Cometh
• Schlabach: Hot and not for 2006
• Maisel: Does D still rule?
• Schlabach: Blueprint for a title
• Schlabach: 10 teams to watch
• Schlabach: Seven surprise teams
• Maisel: 20 reasons college rules
• Schlabach: No snap QB decisions
• Forde: Survey says
• Maisel: Incredible shrinking RBs
• Maisel: Lynch makes Cal golden
• Forde: True Hollywood Story
• Forde: Statute of limitations
• Vote: State of the game
• Chat wrap: Ivan Maisel
• Chat wrap: Mark Schlabach
• Chat wrap: Todd McShay
• Who will be the stars in '06?
• Louisville's Bush, Brohm are Heisman hopefuls