Quinn, Peterson front-runners in Heisman race
The theme for the week: Question all you believe in.
With Pluto no longer a planet -- and I hear it has filed a grievance over its shocking demotion -- it's officially open season on everything. That includes the Heisman Trophy.
In the last 19 years, only one Heisman winner has been the No. 1 NFL draft pick (take a bow, Carson Palmer). So we can dismiss the long-held belief that the award goes to the best player in college football. (Actually, Eric Crouch dismissed that belief single-handedly ...
Read full story
2006 College Preview
• Maisel: State of the game
• X & O Men Cometh
• Schlabach: Hot and not for 2006
• Maisel: Does D still rule?
• Schlabach: Blueprint for a title
• Schlabach: 10 teams to watch
• Schlabach: Seven surprise teams
• Maisel: 20 reasons college rules
• Schlabach: No snap QB decisions
• Forde: Survey says
• Maisel: Incredible shrinking RBs
• Maisel: Lynch makes Cal golden
• Forde: True Hollywood Story
• Forde: Statute of limitations
• Vote: State of the game
• Chat wrap: Ivan Maisel
• Chat wrap: Mark Schlabach
• Chat wrap: Todd McShay
• Who will be the stars in '06?
• Louisville's Bush, Brohm are Heisman hopefuls