Growth in Latin participation good business
If sports fans notice America celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, they might think of the great Latino players in Major League Baseball, in which 29 percent of the players are Latino. Some might think of Latino boxers. Depending on their interests, they might know that 20 percent of Major League Soccer players are Latino. Still others might know that more than 3 percent of NBA players and Division I college student-athletes are Latino.
But would anyone think about NASCAR, winter sports ...
Read full story
Hispanic Heritage Month
• Schwarb: Montoya brings star power to NASCAR
• Drehs: Ohio State's Gonzalez cooks up Cuban culture
• Schwarb: Almirola's rise through Craftsman Truck ranks
• Drehs: Melting pot strength of Iowa high schools
• Harig: The face of golf in Mexico
• Avila paved the way for Dominican baseball talent.
• Puerto Rican fans adore Arroyo in Orlando
• Roberto Duran doesn't pull punches, even at 55
• Rojas: Forgotten history of a Dominican pioneer
• Baxter: The pitch, and the pitchers, from Venezuela
• Lapchick: Latin participation good for business
• The 'other' A-Rod is kickin' it at USC
• Neyer: A Latin American dream team
• Baxter: Breaking down barriers
• Fish: Latinos are reinvigorating the game
• Crasnick: Agents of change