When Bonds begins to fall, A-Rod's stock will rise
SAN FRANCISCO -- Now that the All-Star Game and Dmitri Young's hairdo are history, all attention will turn to Barry Bonds' home run quest and his closest pursuer -- and, no, I'm not talking about the feds, Sen. George Mitchell or Bonds' alleged former mistress, Kimberly Bell.
Like it or not, Bonds is going to catch and surpass Hank Aaron's record of 755 home runs. He needs only five more dingers, which means the only thing that can stop him is an injury, a flaxseed overdose or Bud Selig ...
Read full story
JULY 10, 2007: 78TH ALL-STAR GAME
MVP Ichiro Suzuki hit the first inside-the-park home run in All-Star Game history to lead the American League over the National League, 5-4. Recap
• Jayson Stark: Ichiro takes roundtrip to history
• Pujols angered at La Russa for benching
• Jerry Crasnick: Vintage Griffey on display
• Jim Caple: A Giant celebration for Willie Mays
• Amy Nelson: Nightmare night for closers
• Gene Wojciechowski: A-Rod's stock is rising
• Rob Neyer: Why was Pujols sitting?
• Jayson Stark: Useless All-Star Info
• Stark's top five stars of the game
• Ichiro's All-Star inside-the-park homer
• Ichiro leads the way to AL's 5-4 win
• ZOOM gallery of All-Star Game