Bonds' record homer doesn't enhance baseball
The pitch left the hand of journeyman Mike Bacsik at exactly 8:50 PT Tuesday evening, reached home plate going 84 miles per hour, and then, as camera flashes turned AT&T Park into the world's largest photo shoot, the specially marked baseball met its maker.For the 756th time in his singularly spectacular and conflicted career, Barry Lamar Bonds turned a pitcher's best intention into a home run. On a 3-2 count in the bottom of the fifth inning, Bonds swung that custom-made, double-lacquered, ...
Read full story
756: BONDS PASSES AARON
Barry Bonds passed Hank Aaron to become Major League Baseball's new all-time home run leader when he belted No. 756 off Washington's Mike Bacsik.
• Steroid talk kept Aaron away
• Bonds' No. 756 ball fetches over $750K in auction
• Mark Kreidler: No. 756 ball: Going, going... sold?
• Bids begin for Bonds' No. 755 and 756 HR balls
• Bonds handed key to city in San Francisco tribute
• Fan putting 756 ball up for auction
• Bonds hits No. 756
• Photo gallery of No. 756
• Diamond Daily: Ascending the throne
• New York man catches ball
• Bush called to congratulate Bonds
• Sadaharu Oh congratulates Bonds
• Selig meets with Mitchell instead
• Attorney keeping Bonds apprised of BALCO
• Action figures ready to hit shelves
• Aaron might "eventually" speak to Bonds
• Bonds gear goes on display at Hall
• Record-tying ball set for auction block
• Rob Neyer: Who's chasing Bonds?
• Keith Law: Up-and-coming sluggers
• Buster Olney: No comparing Bonds
• Rob Neyer: Don't forget Aaron's greatness
• Jim Caple's Off Base: Simply regret-a-ball
• Eric Karabell: Bonds' fantasy value
• Jim Caple: Aaron passes torch to Bonds
• Gene Wojciechowski: Barry has broken record
• Experts: Bonds as the new HR king
• Amy Nelson: How much will the record ball fetch?
• What they're saying about Bonds
• Tim Kurkjian: What if ...
• Jim Caple: Joining the masses in hopes of 756
• Eric Neel: Long-awaited No. 755 is one to savor
• Debate: Who's the greatest slugger of all time
• Imagine Sports: How would Aaron fare today?
• Rank: Who could break Bonds' record?
• Poll: Do you consider Bonds the real HR champ?
• Rank: Is it the most respected sports record?
• Rank: Who are the greatest all-time HR hitters
• Watch Bonds hit No. 756
• Bonds on finally hitting No. 756
• Bonds still has more baseball in him
• Mike Bacsik on giving up No. 756
• Kirk Rueter on Bonds' achievement
• Hall of Fame case for Bonds
• Baseball Tonight breaks down No. 756
• Dusty Baker talks about Bonds
• Bonds speaks after breaking record
• Bonds: "The hardest part is over"
• Baseball Tonight: Is an asterisk needed?
• Baseball Today: Giants GM Brian Sabean
• Pedro Gomez: Bonds' record chase
• Mike Bascik Jr./Sr: Father, son on No. 756
• Buster Olney: Bonds is greatest of his time
• Bob Costas: Record handled with class
• Peter Gammons: Selig's eerie message
• Fay Vincent: Bonds' record was exciting
• Ernie Harwell: Accept Bonds as the new king
• Beyond 756 page: Everything on Bonds
• Milestone Meter: From 756 to 300 to 3,000
• ESPN.com: The Best On Bonds
• Slideshow: Reliving Hank Aaron's No. 715
• Jerry Crasnick: Ready to make the call
• Jayson Stark: Kuiper's the anti-Bonds
• Jim Caple: Bonds feeling no pressure
• Tim Kurkjian: Victims of landmark home runs
• Bonds' Town Hall: Did Bonds use steroids?
• Bonds' Town Hall: Did anyone know?
• Bonds' Town Hall: Media witch hunt
• Brokaw: The Long Winter of Henry Aaron • Beyond 756: Chat with Amy Nelson