Who's who in Clemens trial courtroom
Some of the key participants in the Roger Clemens perjury trial that begins this week in Washington, D.C.:
ROGER CLEMENS: Seven-time Cy Young Award winner. Named in MLB's Mitchell report as having used performance-enhancing drugs. Denied before a 2008 congressional hearing that he ever used PEDs, indicted for perjury and obstruction of Congress. Risks prison and his place in the baseball Hall of Fame.
BRIAN McNAMEE: Former close friend of Clemens and personal trainer. ...
Read full story
ROGER CLEMENS TRIAL
The judge declared a mistrial July 14 in Roger Clemens' perjury trial after prosecutors showed jurors evidence that the judge had ruled inadmissible. A Sept. 2 hearing will determine whether to hold a new trial.
News• Judge declares mistrial in Clemens' case
• Feds: DNA, steroids on Clemens evidence
• Defense to question validity of hearings
• Jury selection resumes; Clemens focused
• Judge: Others' testimony should result
• Clemens team to push blackmail theory
• Who's who in Clemens trial courtroom
• Clemens' attorney one of the best
• McNamee a key but assailable witness
• Moment of truth for Roger Clemens
Analysis• Munson: Clemens may walk after mistrial
• Munson: Boring but effective start
• Munson: Attorneys not after impartiality
• Did Rocket aim too high and hard?
ESPN Video• Jury selection begins
The indictment• United States v. Roger Clemens
The steroids era• An ESPN compilation of MLB's dark era
Background• The Dope On Steroids
- T.J. Quinn retweeted