Nadal is No. 1 in Stock Watch
• Rafael Nadal moved a step closer to the world No. 1 ranking by knocking off Roger Federer at Wimbledon.
• Venus Williams won her fifth Wimbledon women's singles title, beating her sister Serena in the finals. Venus did not lose a set during her singles run at Wimbledon.
• At age 41, Dara Torres qualified for her fifth Olympic swimming team.
• Albert Pujols hit his 300th career home run.
• Gilbert Arenas hit the jackpot with a $111 million deal to stay with the Wizards. Hey Gilbert, I need a loan, baby!
• Baron Davis agreed to a lucrative free agent contract with the LA Clippers. Chris Duhon got a two-year deal with the Knicks.
• The Braves sent Jeff Francoeur to the minor leagues. He was hitting .234 at the time.
• The Indians designated pitcher Joe Borowski for assignment. The move came after he led the AL in saves a year ago.
• The Marlins blew a nine-run lead on Friday, falling to the Rockies.
• Louisville wide receiver JaJuan Spillman was arrested and charged with DUI, possession of marijuana, carrying a concealed weapon and having no insurance. His days as a member of the Cardinallfootball team appear to be numbered. It is all about decision making.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Report: Allen leaning toward joining Cavaliers
- Man United crush Galaxy 7-0 in L.A. friendly
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects