• The Phillies moved ahead of the Rays 3-1 in the World Series. Ryan Howard hit two home runs in Game 4 and had one in Game 3. Joe Blanton and Jamie Moyer were outstanding in their starts and Philadelphia has not lost at home this postseason.
• Texas Tech remained unbeaten with an impressive showing at Kansas. Next up is a showdown vs. Texas.
• The Giants got a big road win at Pittsburgh.
• Florida and Georgia had impressive offensive performances, and now the SEC rivals meet this week.
• Andre Johnson of the Texans continues to put up solid numbers.
• Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes sat out against the Giants following an off-field indiscretion.
• Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson missed another game.
• Several NFL players were accused of failing drug tests.
• Arizona State's football team fell to 2-5 after a blowout loss to Oregon.
• The Bengals remained winless.