Each week, I talk about the world of sports:
• Isn't it sad that celebs like Andre Agassi and Hulk Hogan will write anything to sell books. How pathetic! I was shocked to hear that, according to reports, Agassi ripped Nick Bollettieri in his new book. Bollettieri helped him so much! Why do guys write this stuff ... do they need the money?
• Congratulations to the New York Yankees on championship No. 27. Last offseason, the Bronx Bombers signed CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett and Mark Teixeira. This time around, I believe the free agent heading to the Bronx is outfielder Matt Holliday. It helps when you open up that wallet, baby!
• Notre Dame's BCS dreams are over; wow, Navy stunned the Irish! What a gutty group of kids who wear the Navy uniform. How many kids who play for the Midshipmen do you think were recruited by ND? Tough, tough kids for Navy! Northwestern and Navy lead the nation in moral W's, but on Saturday, the Cats shocked Iowa and the Middies beat the Irish. My buddy Carl Liebert, the former Navy hoopster and CEO of 24 Hour Fitness, was jumping for joy over Navy's shocking win. Some Florida fans told me Notre Dame wouldn't be in the top six in the SEC.
• I feel the Heisman Trophy race is a two-man showdown, and the SEC title game will have major ramifications. I see it as Tim Tebow and Mark Ingram, and right now, I give the nod to the Gators QB. He is a winner, my friends, just like Derek Jeter with the Yankees.
• Peyton Manning and the Colts find ways to win football games. Manning threw the ball 40 times in the first half in Sunday's win over the Texans. Houston had a chance to tie the game, but Kris Brown missed a field goal at the end of regulation.
• The Tampa Bay Bucs finally got to the winner's circle Sunday. Congrats to rookie coach Raheem Morris on his first W. The ex-Hofstra star is a good guy. Josh Freeman, who was super in the fourth quarter, got a victory in his first start. Maybe the team should stay with those throwback jerseys, as the defense posted sacks and interceptions galore in the orange.
• My friends, it sure looks like the Cincinnati Bengals are for real. Coach Marvin Lewis has done a super job, as the Bengals now are 6-2 following a win over the Ravens on Sunday.
• I am so excited that the college basketball season is here. Can Kansas and Kentucky live up to the preseason hype? How will North Carolina fare after losing so many talented players? This should be a very exciting season.
• I was at the Broken Egg recently, and we cheered upon learning that Manny Ramirez exercised his $20 million option with the Dodgers. Wasn't that nice of him! You already are seeing some big names going on the market as teams pass on their options. I still feel Jermaine Dye can be a very productive player next season.
• What is going on at Michigan? Big Blue has caused Wolverines fans to look to hoops. After a wild loss at home to Purdue, Rich Rodriguez's team is 1-5 in Big Ten play. Hard to believe this is the same team that opened 4-0.
• I can't believe Mario Lopez was selected over me to host the Miss America contest this year. Are you kidding! Who has a better crop of hair?
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM