Each week I'll talk about the sport I love, college basketball:
• What a talented group of college players that headline the USA Basketball Select Team! A pair of Dukies -- Kyle Singler and Nolan Smith -- join Baylor's LaceDarius Dunn, Kansas State's Jacob Pullen and BYU's Jimmer Fredette on the superb squad. The team will train against the 2010 USA Basketball Men's National Team. Washington's Lorenzo Romar and Villanova's Jay Wright serve as coaches for the Select Team.
• Speaking of Duke and Kansas State, those two schools will be among the favorites at the CBE Classic. The finals will be in Kansas City on November 23.
• Wow, what a trio of coaches at this year's Maui Invitational. Think about it -- Hall of Famer Jim Calhoun of Connecticut, plus future Hall of Famers Tom Izzo and John Calipari will all be at the Hawaii-based event.
• Missouri will be the favorite at the Cancun Challenge around Thanksgiving. Among teams challenging the Tigers are LaSalle and Wyoming.
• New Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg got some good news when former Minnesota Gopher Royce White decided to transfer to Ames. The 6-foot-8 White will petition to become eligible this season. That would be a great boost for the Cyclones.
• Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl added 6-foot-9 senior forward John Fields from UNC-Wilmington to the Vols roster. Fields has one year of eligibility remaining after playing three years at the Division-I level.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Lions boost playoff hopes with rout of Bears
- Megatron fastest to 10,000 receiving yards
- No. 2 Badgers need late rally to edge G'town
- RG III calls benching a 'coach's decision'