- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
Each week I'll talk about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Baylor coach Scott Drew had to be happy with the addition of another big body for the upcoming season. Former UCLA player J'mison Morgan has been granted an NCAA waiver that will allow him to play at Baylor immediately without sitting out a season. Drew said the 6-foot-10 junior center from Dallas will be eligible to play once he completes the necessary NCAA paperwork. It's another piece of the puzzle and, led by LaceDarius Dunn, Bears fans believe they have a Final Four contender.
• West Virginia suffered a big blow when they found out that 6-foot-7 freshman forward Darrious Curry will sit out this season due to a medical issue. Curry was expected to be a huge pick-up after the Mountaineers lost Devin Ebanks and Da'Sean Butler from last year's Final Four squad.
• I have said it many times, but I'll say it again: Decision-making is so important on and off the court. Wake Forest has suspended junior center Tony Woods indefinitely following a recent arrest. Clearly Woods has to learn about making good judgments.
• The situation out in the WAC can simply be described as wacky. The lawsuit against Fresno State and Nevada simply adds to the soap opera scenario out there. Stay tuned as this saga will be interesting.
• Nice to see that Steve Green is being inducted into the University of Indiana Athletic Hall of Fame. He was the leading scorer on the 1975 undefeated regular season team (31-0) with a 16.6 ppg average.
• Get some hoops going in the ACC as football took a big hit last week with losses suffered by Florida State, Miami and Virginia Tech! OUCH!
• New Auburn coach Tony Barbee has to be thrilled. The grand opening of the new Auburn Arena is scheduled for Friday, October 15. The Auburn Athletics Department will celebrate the official opening of the $86 million Auburn Arena with a basketball celebration highlighting the men's and women's basketball teams.
22hEthan Sherwood Strauss