This and that
Each week I'll write about the world of sports:
• Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee were sensational. They love the ball at the big moment. Can you imagine if they were together in Philly? Then look at what Tim Lincecum did when he took the ball for the Giants. Wow, these guys were so special in the pressure-packed moment of the playoffs.
• The Rays are a different team when guys like Carlos Pena, BJ Upton and Evan Longoria hit. Now the ALDS series goes back to Tampa Bay for game five. Can Tampa Bay gets some clutch hits off of Cliff Lee? I know David Price will be fired up for that test.
• Last week all the experts had Alabama in the NFL after their win over the Gators. Congrats to Steve Spurrier and his Gamecocks for a brilliant performance. Stephen Garcia made the big throws early as South Carolina got a huge victory. Now the BCS race is wide open and you know Boise State and TCU had to be thrilled with the results. Right now, I see the Buckeyes No. 1.
• For those fans who have been critical of LSU football coach Les Miles, what do you have to say now? Come on, the guy is 6-0 overall, 4-0 in SEC play and the win at Florida was a big one. It took guts to call a fake field goal down the stretch and that led to the game-winning touchdown. Give the man some credit.
•Wow, talk about parity in the NFL! No unbeatens left, not a single 4-0 squad. The Chiefs came into last weekend as the lone unblemished club, and Todd Haley's team played the Colts tough in Indianapolis. The bottom line is Kansas City got an L, meaning the old Dolphins can celebrate again! I have seen Mercury Morris talk about being the lone perfect team for years and that stays intact!
• How come people are not talking about Utah? The Utes won by over 40 on the road at Iowa State. This is a dangerous team that has games ahead to make some noise, including one against Notre Dame.
• Connecticut has self-imposed penalties against the men's basketball program. My guess is, the newer version of the NCAA will take a stand and increase the penalties to send a message to others. Just my opinion on what will happen.
• I had so much fun filming the hoops video for the Gator Growl to be seen October 15 at the football stadium --Gators vs Mississippi State!!
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Sources: Bears 'confused' by coach's discipline
- Sources: Bears to start Clausen over Cutler
- QB Newton works with first team in practice