This and that
Each week I talk about the world of sports:
• The Giants have humiliated the Rangers, moving to a 3-1 lead in the World Series. Madison Bumgarner was absolutely brilliant in Game 4 and he is just 21 years old ... what a future he has ahead of him! Where is the team that beat the Rays and Yankees?
• Can Barry Bonds get a job as a hitting coach? He talked about that during the week and I wonder if he sees the way Mark McGwire has been treated and feels that would be a good way to go.
• I have said it before and I will say it again. I do not believe Mark Sanchez is ready to lead the New York Jets to a Super Bowl. He is only in his second season and it takes time to mature and make the big plays. The Jets were shut out at home by the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
• I have been impressed with the way the Tampa Bay Bucs and Kansas City Chiefs have found ways to win football games. Then you look at what has happened to the Dallas Cowboys and the Minnesota Vikings, two of the preseason favorites to get to the Super Bowl. That is why the NFL is so unpredictable.
• Auburn and Oregon were impressive in road wins on Saturday. My friends, both teams but up 50+ in getting to the winner's circle. Cam Newton and LaMichael James are the frontrunners for the Heisman, baby!
• If you were a GM, would you trade Kevin Durant for LeBron James straight up? Durant has developed into such a special player and the Thunder will be tough out West. I am curious to learn what my fans think!
• My prayers go out to the family of Notre Dame's Declan Sullivan, who lost his life filming practice for the Irish football team. Please RIP!
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers