This and that
Each week I will write about the world of sports:
• It is amazing how star athletes continue to bring disgrace to their schools. Earlier in the week, we had Jacob Pullen and Curtis Kelly of Kansas State suspended for receiving clothing from a local department store. Then the latest involved Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrelle Pryor! These kids know the rules, they have a scholarship and they have been around long enough to know right from wrong.
• Do you think the Heat sent a message to the Lakers and the rest of the NBA with their defensive performance against the Lakers? Miami has won nine straight road games and it looks like a different team then the one which was 8-7. I admire King James, aka LeBron James, for his candid views on the current status of the NBA. He is entitled to his opinion, and fans can agree or disagree as that is the beauty of living here in America.
• Meanwhile, where is showtime in LA as the Lakers have been in la la land? First came a blowout loss at home to Milwaukee, then a lethargic performance against the Heat on Christmas Day. Phil Jackson's team is in a slump, baby!
• The Jets found out vs. the Bears that they are a long way from the Patriots baby. Tom Brady and his boys do their talking on Sundays, not in the papers!
• How about a salute to the Kansas City Chiefs, winners of the AFC West after winning just four games a season ago. Todd Haley has done a nice job and Matt Cassel doesn't make many mistakes. Jamaal Charles is an underrated running back.
• Nothing like seeing the kids opening their gifts on Christmas. I wish my mom and dad were here. Peace and happiness to all of our troops.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc desires exit if Sterling stays
- Dungy attempts to clarify Sam comments
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres