- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
Each week I will write about the world of sports:
• College football should be begging for a playoff when TCU goes undefeated and can't compete for the national championship! It is so sad for the Horned Frogs, who sent a big-time message by beating Wisconsin at the Rose Bowl. This is why college hoops is light years ahead. The championship is determined on the court, while football doesn't give some schools like TCU a fair shot. Now you know why the school is going to the Big East to have a shot at the BCS!
• I am concerned about the whole bowl system. A team should be honored for having a successful season! 6-6 is total mediocrity and several teams that entered at .500 lost to finish at 6-7. Are you serious? There are too many bowls when you reward a team at 6-6. I am wiped out by all of these early meaningless (6-6 Bowl teams) games. Let's get it on already, 1 vs. 2, Oregon vs Auburn! My pick is Cam and the Tigers, 34 - 29!
• Do you think Nick Saban was happy after his Alabama team destroyed his former employer, Michigan State? It was a tough New Year's Day for the Big Ten, going 0-5 in bowls.
• Congratulations to Stanford and coach Tara VanDerveer. The streak is over ... 90 in a row by UConn ended as the Cardinal was superb on D. The Stanford defense contained Huskies superstar Maya Moore!
• If Bo Schembechler were living, Michigan would hire the right guy for Ann Arbor ... Jim Harbaugh! I am not a football guy, but I am a big pigskin fan. Harbaugh has done a great job with the Cardinal and it would be a great fit for the former Wolverine quarterback to return.
• South Florida is very lucky to have Skip Holtz as its coach. He is a winner and has had success in several places. Will they be able to keep him as he is heading for stardom?
• I hope that Bucs coach Raheem Morris gets some consideration for NFL Coach of the Year. Tampa Bay won 10 games and upset New Orleans on Sunday. How about a salute for an incredible job ... come on, how many people thought that would happen this season?
Each week Dick Vitale talks about the sport he loves, college basketball.