Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Kansas saw its depth improve further as coach Bill Self cleared senior Mario Little to return to the team for competition. Little missed six games after being arrested on December 16 on misdemeanor charges. Little gives the Jayhawks yet another cog capable of scoring, giving defenders fits.
• How about a salute to BYU's Jimmer Fredette. All he did was throw in 47 points against Utah in a hostile environment in Salt Lake City. Fredette moved past Kemba Walker as the leading scorer in Division I. He also reached the career milestone of 2,000 points during the victory over the Utes.
• Tom Izzo had to be proud of the way his Spartans rallied in what I felt was a must game at home vs. Wisconsin. It was a comeback win that showed mental toughness! Draymond Green stepped up his game in the victory.
• Buzz Williams' Marquette team continues to show its tenacity. The 22-point win over Notre Dame on Monday night showed this is yet another Big East team capable of making noise come tournament time. Remember that Marquette came within five points of Duke on a neutral court earlier this season in Kansas City. Williams does a super job getting the most out of his players.
• Congratulations to Northwestern coach Bill Carmody on his contract extension. He has done a solid job in Evanston and it is not easy to compete in the loaded Big Ten. The Wildcats have never made it to the big dance, but Carmody has enough experienced talent to make a run this season with a few breaks.
• If you were wondering how wacky college hoops can be, think about these facts. Boston College lost to Yale and Harvard, yet the Eagles opened 3-0 in ACC play. Penn State lost at home to Maine earlier this season, but beat Michigan State and Illinois at Happy Valley within a four-day span; it was the first time the school beat consecutive ranked opponents since 1954. Tennessee beat both Villanova and Pittsburgh in a 7-0 start; the Vols have gone 3-6 since.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- In progress: Tiger climbing Doral leaderboard
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Rookie apologizes after Poulter's Twitter rant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM