Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Some fallout from the Bruce Pearl firing at Tennessee. Forward Tobias Harris has said he plans on testing the waters of the NBA draft. Harris' father claims the decision had nothing to do with Pearl's dismissal. I just wonder if this would have happened if Pearl was returning?
• I was not surprised to see Mike Anderson leave Missouri for Arkansas. This move is a return to his roots as he served 17 seasons as an assistant under Nolan Richardson with the Razorbacks. Now Missouri has to find a new coach.
• Buzz Williams of Marquette will be a hot name in coaching searches. He has done a super job with the Golden Eagles and Marquette would be wise to make sure he stays there. Then again, the Big East is so competitive, he may want to try something else.
• Speaking of the Big East, Ed Cooley left Fairfield for a shot at Providence. Cooley is a former Boston College assistant who did a good job with the Stags. It is not going to be easy to win consistently at Providence since the Big East is so tough.
• It is good to see players like Jordan Hamilton and Tristan Thompson saying they plan to return to college next season. They have time to jump into the NBA. Let them enjoy the role of BMOC (big man on campus).
• As the NCAA tournament rolls on, there is more news about players transferring away from schools that were not as successful. Wake Forest granted sophomore forward Ari Stewart his release from the program. He averaged 8.5 ppg.and 4.4 rpg. in 30 games for the Demon Deacons last season.
• Former Boston University men's basketball coach has landed a new head coaching gig. After helping out Seth Greenberg at Virginia Tech last season, he is going to take over the women's program at Blacksburg.
Check out the Roundball Chatter Archive »
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Lump of coal: Durant (ankle) to sit vs. Spurs
- Veteran Smith: 'Excited to join Rockets'
- Peyton intent on playing for Broncos in 2015
- Chippewas' rally, lateral heroics not enough