The ESPN era for the NBA has belonged to the Lakers -- 24 playoff trips in 25 seasons (they missed only in 1994), 12 trips to the Finals and eight championships, and a huge lead over the No. 2 Trail Blazers in overall winning percentage. The Bulls have six titles but rank just 14th in winning percentage.
Interestingly, four of the top seven teams in winning percentage have never won an NBA title in the 25-year span -- Portland, Utah, Phoenix and Seattle.
And the Clippers? A lowly three playoff trips in 25 seasons.
* New Orleans Hornets began play in Charlotte in 1988 and moved to New Orleans in 2002.
* Orlando Magic and Minnesota Timberwolves began play in 1989.
* Miami Heat began play in 1988.
* Sacramento Kings moved from Kansas City for 1985 season.
* Dallas Mavericks began play for 1980-'81 season.
* Toronto Raptors and Vancouver Grizzlies began play in 1995; Vancouver moved to Memphis in 2001.
* Los Angeles Clippers moved from San Diego in 1984.
* Washington Wizards changed name from Bullets in 1997.