14 of 15
By Danny Mavromatis
If you think you know someone who has everything, I guarantee you that they don't have a MakerBot Thing-O-Matic. The Thing-O-Matic is a 3D printer, which means it can print actual objects. Yup, you heard me ... it can print objects out of ABS plastic. People have used the Thing-O-Matic to create nuts and bolts, gears, frames for glasses, clips, replacement parts, even bunnies (as seen in photo above) -- pretty much any 3D object you can think of. This is the gift that keeps on making.
MORE HOLIDAY GUIDES
- Tablets, phones, computers and more...check out these high-tech gift ideas.
- Video Games
- We've got the hottest gift ideas for the gamers on your list.
- Books & DVDs
- We've gathered books and DVDs sure to please hard-core and casual sports fans.
- Gifts for Women
- Shopping for the women in your life? Our experts can help.
- Fan Gifts
- If you have a sports fan on your list, these team items will be sure winners.
- Pull some gift ideas from Santa's holiday golf bag.
- Page 2
- Page 2's contributors have dug deep to uncover some unusual gift ideas.