California fire-related postponements and cancellations
A listing of this week's high school, college and pro sporting events postponed or canceled because of the wildfires in Southern California, with makeup dates where available.
• The San Diego Chargers, still in Arizona after wildfires ravaged San Diego County, will play the Texans in San Diego on Sunday, as scheduled. The game's date and time had been in doubt because Qualcomm Stadium was used as a major evacuation center during the fires that swept the area.
• Brigham Young University's football game vs. San Diego State (Dec. 1)
• Sunset League's weekend football games (Monday).
• South Coast League's Friday night games (Monday).
• Orange League's Thursday night football games (Tuesday).
• Rim of the World Unified School District -- all events canceled until further notice.
• San Andreas League (Colton High and five San Bernardino high schools) -- all football games canceled.
• Citrus Belt League -- Rialto Carter vs. Redlands East Valley moved from the University of Redlands to La Quinta High.
• Southwestern League games were still on for Friday, but plans could change.
• Wednesday's water polo and tennis matches in the Southwestern League were postponed. Volleyball matches were played.
• The Ivy and Sunkist leagues are working on contingency plans for football, but for now all games are a go for Friday.
• The Moreno Valley Canyon Springs-Corona Santiago game was moved to Santiago. It had been scheduled for Moreno Valley High.
• Games involving Big Bear, Perris Citrus Hill and the Desert Valley League have not been changed.
• San Diego Section canceled all athletic events for the week, which includes 43 varsity football games scheduled Friday and Saturday.
• Parochial Trinity League -- all football games canceled and unlikely to be rescheduled.
• The Empire League -- all football games canceled, no makeup announced.
• Golden West League -- Orange vs. Santa Ana postponed to 7 p.m. Monday; Ocean View vs. Santa Ana Saddleback moved to 7 p.m. Monday.
Sources: MaxPreps.com, The Los Angeles Times, the (Riverside) Press-Enterprise and The Associated Press.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Despite more than a dozen wildfires in Southern California, conditions have improved enough for the Chargers and Texans to still play their game in San Diego. The shifting flames have burned across nearly 600 square miles, destroying nearly 2,000 homes and prompting evacuations from north of Los Angeles, through San Diego to the Mexican border.
News• Chargers rout Texans in emotional game
• NFL, NFLPA donate $250,000 to fire relief
• Texans-Chargers will play Sunday in San Diego
• Report: Stadium would be ready Sunday
• Games postponed because of California wildfires
• Fires damage one of Seau's San Diego homes
• San Diego St. practicing indoors at Aztec Center
• Carson Palmer's home among those evacuated
• Brees deals with home troubles
• Chargers leave for Arizona with heavy hearts
• Wildfires postpone San Diego State game
• Lakers cancel preseason game in S.D.
• Mickelson, family forced to evacuate
• Suns GM Kerr evacuates
Analysis• Chadiha: Chargers handle chaos, Texans
• Buckheit: Eyewitness to the fires
Podcast• LT talks about fires approaching
Blog• Katz: San Diego State's Fisher flees home
ABCnews.com coverage• Evacuations, closures in Southern California
• Utter devastation