First and ten questions
1. MLB season opens today in the Bronx with the Yankees hosting the Tigers. What do you expect from the Yankees this year?
2. Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig recently said that baseball, "is clearly more popular today than it's ever been in its history." Do you agree with Selig?
3. Butler is favored by 2.5 over VCU in its Final Four matchup. Is it too much, too little or just right?
4. ESPN is reporting that Willie Lyles, a Texas-based football trainer who is under NCAA investigation after receiving $25,000 from Oregon, told Texas A & M it had to "beat" $80,000 if it wanted to sign star recruit Patrick Peterson in 2007. Auburn will investigate claims by four former football players, who told HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" they received thousands of dollars while being recruited by or playing for the Tigers. How do you fix the problem of players receiving illegal payments?
5. Our friends at the MGM/Mirage have made the Phillies odds on favorite to win the World Series. What do you expect from the Phillies?
6. The Lakers host the Mavs tonight. How important of a game is this for Kobe Bryant in the MVP race?
7. The NBA is investigating Jay-Z's presence in Kentucky's locker room after the Wildcats clinched a Final Four berth. The rapper is part-owner of the Nets. He visited the players after their victory over North Carolina in the home arena of the Nets. NBA rules prohibit team personnel from having contact with players who are not yet draft eligible. Is this a Big deal or not?
8. Kemba Walker and Maya Moore both appeared with Andy Katz for an interview that aired on SC yesterday. Kemba gave Maya her props. Who's the bigger star, Kemba or Maya?
9. John Wall and Miami reserves - Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Juwan Howard - were kicked out of the Heat vs. Wizards game after a second quarter scuffle. What was your reaction?
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Seahawks rout Cards behind big-play offense
- Romo-led Cowboys smack Colts, win NFC East
- Romo as MVP? Unquestionably, Cowboys say
- Winston ruled to have not violated FSU code