First and ten questions
1. Former Chicago Bulls player and current television analyst Steve Kerr said that LeBron James is actually more like Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan. "Defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than a scoring guard," Kerr said. "Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That's really what LeBron's preference is." Do you agree or disagree with Kerr?
2. During the telecast on Sunday night, Jeff Van Gundy said that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James don't compliment each other well and that the Heat should consider trading one of them. If you were Pat Riley, would you consider trading either LeBron or Wade?
3. The Big 3 each signed five-year deals last summer. With four years remaining, how many championships will they win?
4. Magic center Dwight Howard told NBA.com that he will become a free agent rather than sign an extension in the next year, and he also left open the possibility that he would reconsider his future in Orlando if the team does not win the title next season. Should the Magic trade him now?
5. Plaxico Burress sat down with Stephen A Smith and explained why teams should take a chance on him, stating that he led a team to a championship, and that he didn't practice, but when it's time to perform, he'll be there. Should this encourage or discourage teams to sign him.
6. According to the MGM Mirage, the Heat are the odds-on favorites to win next year's NBA championship, followed by the Bulls and Lakers at 5-to-1 and the Mavericks and the Thunder at 8-to 1. Who should be favored?
7. Charles Barkley was on the Mike Lupica Show on 1050 ESPN New York and said it is the media's fault that LeBron James has tried to be like Michael Jordan, when really he is more of a Scottie Pippen or a Magic Johnson. Is the media to blame for making LeBron James into something he isn't?
8. New NCAA president Mark Emmert will gather 50 or so school presidents and chancellors for a retreat later this summer to address a variety of issues, including an ugly string of infractions cases that have buffeted college athletics in the past year. What would you advise them to do?
9. After the Heat lost Game 6, LeBron James' former teammate Mo Williams tweeted, "Dallas healed my heart." Cleveland Cavs owner Dan Gilbert tweeted, "congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE." Even the Cleveland mayor had this to say: "the proud city of Cleveland and the entire state of Ohio share in the excitement of Dallas Mavericks fans everywhere." Is it time for Cleveland to get over it?
10. Game 6 of the NBA Finals was the highest-rated Game 6 ever on the network and the highest in 11 years, according to Nielsen. Was this the greatest NBA postseason ever?
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Source: Gronkowski tears ACL, MCL in knee
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Sources: Halladay retiring Monday as Jay
- Ducks face discipline for starting snowball mob