First and ten questions
1. Rory McIlroy won his first major championship by shooting a 2-under 69 at Congressional and closed his four-day onslaught at 16-under 268. Who has the better chance of breaking Nicklaus' record of 18 majors -- Tiger Woods or Rory McIlroy?
2. After the tournament, McIlroy put his win into historical perspective: "The thing about these major championships, you get to add your name to a list that includes Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer. That's the most satisfying thing about it." Woods' name was conspicuously absent in his remark. Will this help or hurt Woods moving forward?
3. Derrick Mason: Give Roger Goddell a grade for his handling of the lockout.
4. 36-year-old Tiki Barber acknowledged that he now needs football more than it needs him. Barber said football represents a necessary anchor in a life turned upside down by the depressive aftermath of scandalous divorce and the disintegration of his television career. What's your reaction?
5. Can Barber still play in the NFL?
6. Yesterday seemed to be a coronation of sorts for Rory McIlroy. What do you make of this reaction?
7. Derrick Mason: Can the Ravens win the Super Bowl with Joe Flacco at QB?
8. What impact do you expect Plaxico Burress to have when he returns to the NFL?
9. According to ESPN MLB Insider Buster Olney, Jack McKeon is being considered as interim manager of the Marlins. Like, love or hate the idea of an 80-year-old taking over as manager?
10. John Wall threw out the first pitch Friday at the Orioles-Nationals game. Rank this among the worst first pitches ever.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Durant lauds LeBron's move; unsure of own
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'