First and ten questions
1. USA defeated Brazil 5-3 in penalty kicks to advance to the World Cup semifinals. Trailing 2-1 in extra time and playing down one player, Abby Wambach tied the game with a header sending the match to penalty kicks. What was your reaction?
2. Derek Jeter went 5-for-5 with a home run to reach the 3,000 hit milestone, and he smacked the-game winning hit Saturday. But he won't take part in the All-Star Game, saying last week he wanted to rest while coming back from a strained calf. Should Jeter play in the All-Star Game?
3. Where does Derek Jeter rank among the all-time great Yankees?
4. Human-rights organizations are scheduled to protest Arizona's anti-illegal immigration law Tuesday outside Chase Field at the All-Star Game. MLB has been barraged with phone calls and requests for a boycott the All-Star Game, yet the league and its Latin players have been mum on the topic. Do you have a problem with this?
5. Pacman Jones was arrested in Cincinnati. He spent almost eight hours behind bars following charges of disorderly conduct while intoxicated and resisting arrest. What should Roger Goodell do once the lockout ends?
6. As part of our Unbreakable Records Week -- which MLB record is most unbreakable? 1. Cal Ripken's 2,632 consecutive games played; 2. Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hit streak; 3. Nolan Ryan's 7 no-hitters; 4. Pete Rose's 4,256 hits; 5. Barry Bonds' 73 home runs in a single season.
7. Which US World Cup soccer moment was more exciting -- yesterday's USA/Brazil quarterfinal or the 1999 USA/China final?
8. Who wins the State Farm HR Derby?
9. If you were Christian Lopez, the fan who caught Jeter's 3,000 hit, would you have kept it and sold it for top dollar, or given in to Jeter?
10. At the end of the USA/Brazil game it was difficult to tell just home much time was remaining because of "stoppage time," which is kept on the field by the referee. SKIP: GO!
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Durable Redskins LB Fletcher likely to retire
- Tucker's status soaring among Ravens fans