Readers show Super Bowl obsessions
Oh the weather outside is frightful but the Super Bowl is so delightful because millions of us don't care about the conditions in Dallas.
We will be watching at sports bars or parties or our very own "man caves" spread across the globe so Super Bowl XLV trumps every thing including Mother Nature unless a meteor hits Cowboys Stadium on Sunday.
Of course we would watch that, too. Talk about great ratings.
We've been obsessed with the Super Bowl for years but it appears that this one may be the most watched of all 45 (That's XLV for non-Romans). NFL TV numbers have been historic all season and that trend should peak Sunday when the Pittsburgh Steelers face the slightly favored Green Bay Packers.
All that can be said about the match has been said. If you have not heard the term "cover two" at least 100 times this week, you haven't been paying attention. And the point of today's list -- compiled from your suggestions -- is to wonder whether our love for this Super Bowl has gone too far. Read our list and then you be the judge:
Top Ten Clues You're Obsessed With Super Bowl XLV
10. "You count in Roman Numerals and you can't find Rome on a map of Italy," said Nik R. from New Delhi, India.
9. "You requested 'vacation time' for the Monday after Super Bowl XLV to recover from your partying -- and you made the request three years ago," said Jarrod D. from Fort Myers, Fla.
8. "You've made a half-dozen of your own 'championship belts' to celebrate every time Aaron Rogers scores," said Dave H. from Toledo, Ohio.
7. "You dressed one dog in a Steelers uniform and the other dog in a Packers uniform -- and they aren't your dogs," said Ben M. from Peoria, Ill.
6. "You've paid for a full-page ad in Sunday's newspaper wishing the best of luck to Brett Favre -- oh, wait -- that was for Super Bowl XXXI, so never mind," said John J. from Milwaukee, Wisc.
5. "You start to cry every time you see 8 guys naked to the waist and spelling "Steelers" on their chests," said Fran C. from Pittsburgh, Pa.
4. "You changed your two sons names to Aaron and Ben," said Carl K. from San Diego, Calif.
3. "Your doctor said the excitement could cause a heart attack and kill you so you bought a ticket for your doctor, too," said Saul W. from New York City.
2. "Your daughter plans to watch the Puppy Bowl instead of the Super Bowl so she's out of your will," said Beth S. from Little Rock, Ark.
1. "You are going to wear your Cheesehead to church Sunday -- and so is your pastor," said Bill F. from Hartford, Conn.
Super Bowl XLV. We'll be obsessing over you so do us a favor and be a good one.