It's 'Athletic Idol' ... try not to cringe
Updated: May 20, 2009, 10:50 PM ETBy Page 2
With millions of viewers anxiously awaiting Wednesday's "American Idol" season finale, Page 2 unveils "Athletic Idol." Welcome to the semifinal round. The field will be narrowed to two finalists Thursday, and the winner will be revealed Friday.
1. 1986 Los Angeles Dodgers: "Baseball Boogie"
History will show that satin jackets and tight pants were a bigger problem for sports than drugs were in the '80s. It takes 25 seconds for the music to begin, but it's worth the wait. Page 2's Jim Caple wrote a badly needed retrospective on this classic.
2. Carl Lewis: "Break It Up"
What could Terrell Owens have done to make his driveway crunches even more ridiculous? He could have taken a page from Carl Lewis and added uber-cheesy '80s music and hooked up someone who looks like Mrs. McCluskey from "Desperate Housewives."
3. Kobe Bryant with Tyra Banks: "K.O.B.E."
We're not going to say exactly how we felt when watching this, but let's just say Kobe owes each of us a huge purple diamond ring.
4. Terry Bradshaw: "The Last Word In Lonesome Is Me"
If the Supreme Court ever hears the case "Page 2 v. the 1970s," this will be Exhibit A in our argument to have the entire decade stricken from the record.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12