• Then again: Rick Adelman, the man nobody notices.
• I don't know what this means, but it surprised me: Mike Fratello, career playoff record 20-42.
• If it were my money, I'd build a hermetically sealed case and keep him in it till the date passed: The Titans are getting all kinds of grief for keeping Steve McNair away from the team facility because they fear he might get injured on company time and be able to collect a $50 million bonus.
• Oh, boy, come and get it: More Roger Clemens drama, and this time it includes the Red Sox! And the Yankees!
• So many candidates, only one winner: In his new book, John Daly says gambling will be the end of him.
• He didn't get much help from his Memphis Grizzlies teammates, so there's only one conclusion to reach: It's going to be a long, itchy offseason for John Walker Gasol.
• Yeah, officer, he was about 8 feet high and about yay wide, with a salmon hanging out of his mouth, and he was just a'standing down there at the 1300 block of Beale: You can talk all you want about the Utah Jazz being a ridiculous nickname, but for my money there's nothing quite like the Memphis Grizzlies.
• Today (today) I consider myself (self) the luckiest man (man) on the face of the earth (earth): Drew Brees, who went from LaDainian Tomlinson to Reggie Bush, and all he had to do was agree to be paid gobs more money for the privilege.
• And finally, it's kind of like Liechtenstein, only less vocal: After the Clippers finished off the Nuggets on Monday night, Elton Brand gave thanks to "Clipper Nation."
Tim Keown is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. Sound off to Page 2 here.