• If this is perceived as a negative, I'm guessing the Colts will be able to live with it: Indy, despite being 8-0, is just fifth in the league in scoring margin.
• And the really creepy thing is, they don't need a warrant to tap his calls anymore: The Elias Sports Bureau reported that Peyton Manning completed two passes from the far left side of the field Sunday night, and over the previous 4½ years he had completed just one pass from that area of the field.
• What the people in Texas should expect from new manager Ron Washington: (1) better infield defense; (2) big emphasis on fundamentals; (3) wild, stream-of-consciousness talk littered with copious amounts of random profanity.
• Like I've always said, Mario Williams was a no-brainer: Reggie Bush rushed 11 times for -5 yards on Sunday, becoming the seventh player since the merger to carry more than 10 times for negative yards.
• Good thing he's not a surgeon: An NFL color commentator who shall remain nameless said the following about an NFL receiver who will remain nameless -- "If you throw it to him five times, he'll come up with two of them, so the percentages are in his favor."
• And finally, cocktails at 4, dinner at 5, in the rack by 8:30: There's an item on Costco.com right now that enables you to spend $3,399.99 for the privilege of spending an evening in Arizona with Yogi Berra and Bob Uecker.
Tim Keown is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. Sound off to Page 2 here.