Page 2 in the nosebleed section
Random notes and observations from Sunday's Chargers-Giants game:
• Game weather: 71 degrees, 39 percent humidity, wind from the southwest at 2 mph. This game was played in New Jersey on Nov. 8.
• Yankees skipper Joe Girardi was saluted via giant video screen before the game, and the graphic identified him as "general manager." At least it didn't say "Overmanager of the Year."
• It's poor form to get ejected from the stadium before kickoff. You're better off not buying a ticket and watching the game on TV at your tailgate party. There, we just saved you upward of $200 on tickets and the beer is cheaper!
• Is there such a thing as a bad day when an Irish Tenor belts out the national anthem?
• Lawrence Taylor was not among the members of the 1990 Giants championship team who attended Sunday's game for an honorary appearance. Apparently he had other plans.
• The Chargers no longer have even the threat of a running game, yet somehow managed to escape the Meadowlands victoriously.
• Just for kicks, click here.
• Giants Stadium was a frenzied cacophony of cheers when Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas picked off a Philip Rivers pass and returned it to the San Diego 4-yard line with 3:14 left in the game. But after Vincent Jackson caught an 18-yard touchdown pass from Rivers with 21 seconds left, you could hear Tom Coughlin's jaw drop.
• Rivers' celebratory high-stepping after that play was undeniably, refreshingly dorky. But who could blame him for being so enthusiastic after his tumultuous tenure with the Giants?
• Immediately following the game, at least one Giants fan bellowed, "Can we even beat Washington?!" to anyone who would listen.
• Rivers is 2-0 in matchups against Eli Manning, but let's not forget who has the lucrative cookie endorsement.
• Is Lawrence Tynes a Scottish tenor?
• Some Giants fans were almost inconsolable afterward. Sure, the Yankees won the World Series but that was last week.
Thomas Neumann is an editor for Page 2.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Gotze, Germany claim World Cup
- Messi wins top player award
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Giants Of The City Blue T-Shirt