All the Super Bowl news you can't live without
If you're tired of the position-by-position breakdown of the Patriots and Giants, you've come to the right place.
We have all the Super Bowl information you know you need.
Today in Super Bowl history:
Feb. 1, 2004
Super Bowl XXXVIII: New England 32, Carolina 29. The first and third quarters Janet Jackson's boob were scoreless, Janet Jackson's boob but the Patriots and Janet Jackson's boob Panthers lit up the Janet Jackson's boob scoreboard in the Janet Jackson's boob second and fourth Janet Jackson's boob quarters, with New Janet Jackson's boob England coming out on Janet Jackson's boob top on a game-ending Janet Jackson's boob field goal by Janet Jackson's boob Adam Vinatieri. However, the game may be best remembered for Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" during the halftime show.
-- DJ Gallo
Place your pizza order now:
Live near Phoenix and want to have some pizza delivered during Sunday's big game? You have to place your order now. So says the manager of a Papa John's in Mesa. Such advance planning kind of takes the novelty out of being lazy, no?
Oh, and Jared Lorenzen, here is the number for the Papa John's closest to the stadium: (623) 936-7272. Might want to order that halftime pizza today. You're welcome.
-- DJ Gallo
Super Bowl celebrity sightings:
• "Yeah, it does appear that I put my pants on backwards. What of it?"
More Super Bowl news you probably can't use:
• Beware of counterfeiters if you are looking to get tickets for Sunday. Any typos or imperfections are a definite warning sign. However, while mentions of the New York Giants and Tom Petty might make you think the ticket is an invalid reprint from a Super Bowl two decades ago, it may actually be legit.
• How much does the NFL have to pay to get its big-name halftime acts every year? Nothing. Because playing the Super Bowl results in a guaranteed boost in album sales. Unless you are Deion Sanders. His appearance in Super Bowl XXX didn't do much for this.
• "Matt Cassel is every New England Patriots fan's worst nightmare." Really? I always thought every New England Patriots fan's worst nightmare was coming to the realization that the team existed before 2001.
• Even God can't stop the Patriots.
-- DJ Gallo
PAGE 2 ON THE SUPER BOWL
Bill Simmons• Postgame: Free fallin' out into nothing
• Super Bowl XLII preview and pick
• Awards from the conference championships
Tuesday Morning Quarterback• TMQ: Super ending to a tumultuous season
• Easterbrook: Spygate returns to headlines
• TMQ: Conditional immortality
• TMQ: All-Unwanted All-Pros
Notes, jokes and potpourri• Super Bowl commercials bingo cards
• Flem File at the Super Bowl
• Friday, Feb. 1: News you can't live without
• Thursday, Jan. 31: News you can't live without
• Wednesday, Jan. 30: News you can't live without
• Tuesday, Jan. 29: News you can't live without
• Monday, Jan. 28: News you can't live without
• Celebrities make their picks
• Poll: Tom Brady celebrity photo ops
Insight and wisdom• Hill: Super Bowl party report
• Page 2: Pop culture roundtable
• Gallo: Boston's five stages of grief
• Neel: Bittersweet game for Hoover's people
• Hruby: Page 2 Week in review quiz
• Uni Watch: Where's all the blue in Big Blue?
• Milz: What does Gisele's dad think of Tom?
• Hruby: Super Bowl is hazardous to your health
• Hill: Moss was right to quit on Raiders
• Hill: Teflon Tom Brady
• Page 2: Suggested questions for media day
• Jackson: Perks for perfect Patriots
• Hruby: Analyzing the Brady tape
• Best teams not to win a championship
• Fleming: Footnoting greatness
• Gallo: The first 24 hours of hype
• Page 2 obtains Boston's contract with the devil
• Snibbe: Championship Sunday by the numbers
• Garfamudis: Patriots aren't perfect
• The curse of Mo Lewis
Inside the brain• Inside Jared Lorenzen's brain
• Inside Matt Cassel's brain
• Inside Tiki Barber's brain
All things Super Bowl• Complete ESPN.com coverage
• From 2007: The Ultimate Super Rankings
E-Ticket• Klosterman: All too perfect
• Neel: Almost immortal