Deal struck to return U.S. players' cash

Updated: May 12, 2011, 2:12 AM ET
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Prosecutors in New York City have confirmed that a deal reached with an online poker company will enable players in the United States to recover their money after the games were interrupted by a criminal prosecution.

The deal announced Wednesday in Manhattan by federal prosecutors confirms a statement Tuesday by the company, Absolute Poker. Two of Absolute's executives were among 11 people indicted last month on charges that they fooled banks into processing illegal gambling payments. Two other companies, PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker, had previously announced separate agreements.

Prosecutors said in a release that the deal does not provide for the restoration of the domain names used by Absolute Poker. The company said Tuesday it must still resolve legal issues before repaying American players.


Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

ALSO SEE