Tuesday, February 19, 2002
Our favorite lists
Page 2 staff
We wish they'd drop the chop.
After more than a year of creating new Top 10 lists every week, Page 2 is tired. And we want your help ... we need your help ... can you handle helping us? If so, check out your suggestions of what lists you'd like us to compile in the future. We've listed your top 10 along with a poll to pick your favorite.
To provide a little inspiration, we are running our list of our 10 Favorite Lists ever, along with our No. 1 and your No. 1 for each list.
1. Irritating Thing at Sporting Events That Must Stop ... Immediately Our No. 1: The Tomahawk Chop Your No. 1: People talking on cell phones behind home plate and then waving to the camera Poll winner: People talking on cell phones behind home plate and then waving to the camera
2. Worst Call in Sports History Our No. 1: Don Denkinger calls Royals' Jorge Orta safe at first in Game 6 of 1985 World Series Your No. 1: Chuck Knoblauch's phantom tag Poll winner: Soviet Union gets extra time to win gold in 1972 Olympic basketball
Michael Jordan's still cool in any uniform.
3. Best Moment in a Baseball Movie Our No. 1: Ray Hobbs' (Robert Redford) homer into the light tower in "The Natural" Your No. 1: Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) playing catch with his father (Dwier Brown) in "Field of Dreams" Poll winner: Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) playing catch with his father (Dwier Brown) in "Field of Dreams"
4. Active Athlete Who Should Hang It Up Our No. 1: Evander Holyfield Your No. 1: Patrick Ewing Poll winner: Patrick Ewing
5. Coolest Athlete Ever Our No. 1: Joe Namath Your No. 1: Michael Jordan Poll winner: Michael Jordan
6. Worst Current Owner Our No. 1: Donald Sterling of the L. A. Clippers Your No. 1: Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins Poll winner: Jerry Jones
Shameless excuse to run a Halle Berry photo.
7. Best Feud Ever Our No. 1: Ali-Frazier Your No. 1: Reggie Miller-spike Lee Poll winner: Red Sox vs. Yankees
8. Least Likeable Football Player Ever Our No. 1: Jack Tatum Your No. 1: Deion Sanders Poll winner: Deion Sanders
9. Greatest Sports Wife of All-Time Our No. 1: Halle Berry (David Justice) Your No. 1: Janet Jones (Wayne Gretzky) Poll winner: Elsa Benitez (Rony Seikaly)
10. Best Nickname Our No. 1: The Immaculate Reception Your No. 1: "Sweetness" (Walter Payton) Poll winner: He Hate Me (Rod Smart)