|ESPN.com: US Open 2003||[Print without images]|
|Williams sisters Top Ten|
NEW YORK -- Venus and Serena Williams, both out of the U.S.
Open because of injuries, gave the top 10 reasons for their absence
on "The Late Show with David Letterman'' on Wednesday:
The "Late Show'' Top Ten "Real Reasons We're Not Playing in
the U.S. Open:''
10. Venus: "Due to the bad economy, this year's winner only
gets thirty bucks.''
9. Serena: "Last year, a dozen players were carried off by giant West Nile mosquitoes.''
8. Venus: "We can't give you any details, but we're very close to catching Saddam.''
7. Serena: "You can only hit a ball over the net so many times without getting bored silly.''
6. Venus: "I heard the Jets need a quarterback.''
5. Serena: "We're spending our time in the lab developing a third, even more powerful Williams sister.''
4. Venus: "What? The U.S. Open is this week?''
3. Serena: "Can't concentrate on game with Mars so close to Earth.''
2. Venus: "For once, we thought we'd give the other players a chance.''
1. Venus and Serena: "Surprise! We're running for governor of California.''