|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
Whether you think The Wave is a classic at 25 years or has outlived its welcome, we can all agree these 10 things add absolutely NOTHING to the stadium experience and should be eliminated immediately:
1. Dancing grounds crews: If they could dance, they wouldn't be gardeners. What's next, dancing chain gangs?
2. Fans holding up signs using network letters for a stupid slogan: Everyone Stop Please Now!
3. Throwing back home run balls hit by the visiting team: Do you really want to copy something the Cubs do?
4. Male flag-carriers at NFL games: Where's the pride?
5. Mascots dunking off a trampoline: We just saw a 5-foot-9 player do that unaided between two 7-footers in the second quarter and we're supposed to be impressed by a guy in a Bigfoot costume doing it with a springboard?
6. Pregame F-18 flyovers: Who came up with this display of "patriotism"? A defense contractor trying to make his bonus? 7. Gatorade dunks: If you absolutely must dump liquid over someone on a football sideline, we can think of some more attractive candidates than a fat, middle-aged coach. 8. Showing Bluto's pep talk to fire up the crowd: It was fun at the beginning, but c'mon. Even Gallagher freshens up his material every once in a while. 9. Scoreboard games. This does not, however, include sausage, pierogi or president races on the field. 10. In-game interviews with managers and coaches: Has anyone ever said anything even remotely interesting in one of these?