|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
|It's Peyton Manning and his look-alike, Page 2 editor Kieran Darcy.|
|Peyton is a proud Tennessee alum. But shouldn't he be able to score courtside tickets?|
|A Saturday afternoon movie? And you thought Peyton would be studying game film.|
|"No, no, no -- the one with three carats, please. Yes, I'll use this Disney credit card."|
Last week, I was on the phone with my buddy Nic, who asked what my weekend plans were. I told him that I was Indianapolis-bound for a Kieran Darcy/Peyton Manning look-alike chronicle. Which prompted the shrewd inquiry, "They're flying you to Indiana to be the wingman for a faux Peyton?"
Yep. It's a good gig if you can get it.
So there we were, at the Circle Centre Mall in downtown Indy. The alleged Peyton M. was buying "Borat" tickets at the cinema and I was trying to stoke the fire in the lobby by suggestively snapping photos of him from afar. My flashbulb popped only a few times before I noticed a Rent-A-Cop beelining it right at me.
Perfect! I thought. This is it! He's coming over to protect Peyton from the menacing paparazzi! I hope he decks me and we wrestle for the Kodak!
He arrived in front of me toe-to-toe, with one hand on his hip and the other flying toward his breast pocket. Oh my gosh, badge and Taser! I thought, elated.
But instead, between two fingers he whipped out a small card and pointed it at my nose. "Ma'am, I'm going to have to present you with the code of conduct. We have several rules here at the Circle Centre and one is no photography or videotaping of any kind. I saw you taking pictures. That is not permitted. Here is the entire code."
I stood mouth agape, hands in the air, sneaks spread, before I began to blather, "But I thought it was Peyton Manning!"
"Sorry, ma'am, no photographs anywhere in the mall. It's right there on the card," he said as he walked away, with a disapproving shake of his head and not so much as a glance in Peyton's direction. But we did get into the movie. High-five!
The CCM Code of Conduct
1. Appropriate non-offensive attire, including shirts and shoes must be worn.
2. Dress that is commonly recognized as gang related is prohibited.
3. Loitering, blocking storefronts, fire exits or escalators is prohibited.
4. Conduct which is disorderly, disruptive or which endangers others is prohibited.
5. Photographing, videotaping and filming require prior written consent.
6. School truancy policies are enforced.
7. Any act defined by federal, state or local statute as a criminal act is prohibited.
8. Picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting and petitioning require prior written consent.
9. Only pets trained to assist persons with disabilities are permitted.
10. Please use trash receptacles located throughout the mall.
|Peyton preaches to young Lucas the value of a UT education.|
|After two incompletions, Peyton calls an audible at the Piggy Pass.|
|It was a big day for the No. 1 Colts fan to finally meet the team's starting quarterback.|
|Let's see, how much will that signed Kieran Darcy jersey go for on eBay?|
|Charlie and Peyton discuss the pros and cons of being a professional athlete.|